Thursday, May 2, 2013

Tropical Print - A fresh take on floral!

For the past couple of months I've had a  new obsession when I'm out vintage hunting... tropical floral prints.  Everyone these days is into florals and I love all of them! But I'm finding tropical prints to be a little fresher to me. Maybe it's because I'm dying to get to the islands or maybe it's because I'm from Florida but I can't get enough of them! Hibiscus, Hawaiian prints, Birds of Paradise... they're all a nice break from all of the 90's small muted prints I'm seeing everywhere.

I always look forward to Coachella. I've never been to Coachella but I love to see the street style photos from Coachella every year.  Gets me looking forward to summer! When I checked out some of this year's photos I was so happy to see that I wasn't alone in my love of tropical prints! I highly recommend checking out  Harper Bazaar's Coachella Street Style photos.  Every year they have a great compilation.  In case you don't have time here is some of my favorite tropical looks at Coachella 2013.


Tropical dress! Wish they showed the whole thing!


Tropical shorts. I'm on a hunt for a pair for myself:-)


Tropical maxi skirt! A fresher take on boho! 


AND here is  a couple of tropical looks that I love from Etsy, J Crew and Anthropologie of course!  



Anthropologie's Kahanu Maxi Skirt $148
Would be adorable with a crop top! 


OMG. J Crew has tropical print shorts. I can't figure out where they are online but I need to figure it out soon.



This  mini dress  on Etsy would be perfect with boots or gladiator sandals to keep in modern. Only $24!


This button front maxi skirt is definitely a fun way to brighten up your boho wardrobe!


This skirt is in my shop. I realize I'm biased, but I think it's  the perfect subtle piece to add some tropics to your summer wardrobe! 

And here is two more tropical looks from my shop! 




















No comments:

Post a Comment